WhoisXML Domain Availability API is an application for Splunk. It allows to find out if a domain name is available to be registered within Splunk.
You need to have Splunk Enterprise installed and configured. To do so, please refer to the official documentation.
Configuring the extension
1. Log in to Splunk.
2. Download and install the application. This can be done from within Splunk. (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5128)
3. You can start configuring immediately once the application is installed.
3.1 You can also configure the application on the Apps page. Click on Set up next to the application name.
4. Fill in your API key and click on Save.
Using the extension
1. On the Domain Available lookup page you can perform instant domain availability lookups.
2. To integrate Domain Availability lookup into your script you can use the command wxadomainavailability. It takes 3 arguments: domain_name, where you provide the domain names (as a comma-separated list), api_key (optional), where you can provide your API key, otherwise it will be taken from a config file, and mode (optional), which could DNS_ONLY or DNS_AND_WHOIS.